Bin Experiment - am going to fly-tip!

Post comments on local Hazel Grove issues or reply to others.

Moderators: tarboat, knighs, nedsram

zzippy

Re: Bin Experiment - am going to fly-tip!

Postby zzippy » Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:06 pm

Adora wrote: Plan C...trog off to the tip. Am beaten. Thread closed.

Adora the Carbon wasterel :lol: . Completely against gov't policy. Think of the polar bears :shock: :lol: . Fancy driving all the way to to the tip :shock: much more enviromentaly friendly to fly tip it :twisted:

Thread reopened until those t*ossers in power treat the taxpayers as customers rather than subjects :evil:

Best have a **** in the rubbish so when they root through it for 'evidence' :roll: they get a nice surprise :shock: :twisted:

Adora

Postby Adora » Sat Feb 19, 2011 2:46 pm

Zzippy - you're a sight for sore eyes!

All the dog poo goes in the black bin - clever dog! Maybe you're on to summat there. I'll phone them up next week and invite them to come and audit me rubbish just for the hell of it.

Off now, gonna put the dog on the cabbage soup diet :lol:

Yes, thread re-opened but with new objective - dreaming up ideas to make the clip-board carrying fraternity gag! :lol:

Climate

Postby Climate » Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:53 am

Fly tipping?

Isn't that the stuff for puny armed girls who cannot partake in cow tipping? 8-)

John Ellis

Postby John Ellis » Sat Feb 26, 2011 4:26 pm

We still don't get our green bin collected, unless I troll it down to the A6 and mingle it with other people's. It took a while to discover this, as we compost everything compostable for the garden - you never have enough of the stuff if you grow veg. - and I only needed the service when we had thick wooden prunings to dispose of. Discovering that my bin was unemptied at the end of the day, I tried ringing the council's helpline to resolve the problem.

Bad idea! It resolved nothing, because Stockport Direct could only pass on the answer that they'd been given, but the answer they'd been given made no sense. In the end, my other half got the explanation from the crew when she encountered them on the way to work and buttonholed them. The problem, apparently, was that they felt that the truck was too big to reverse up our lane in the middle of the rush hour.

I wasn't unduly bothered, as I only needed the service a couple of times a year max., when I had thick prunings to dispose of; I just wheeled the bins down to the main road as necessary.

But when we had instructions to put food waste into the green bin, I thought the situation might have changed - after all, people like me who had previously used their green bins infrequently would be doing so more often now. We don't waste much food, but there's always chicken bones and the like. It seems a bit daft to have a whacking green bin with a tiny bag of bones at the bottom of it, but I did as I was told the first time we had something to dispose of, and put the bin out.

At the end of the day, it was still unemptied. So I've given up. I'm willing to troll the green bin down the lane to Buxton Road once or twice a year when it's full of branches, but I'm damned if I'm going to do it every time there's a little bag of bones or scraps from the caddy that need to go.

So I just bury them in the general waste in the black bin. No one's noticed, so far, though who knows now, if someone in the Town Hall reads this?! But if you feel that's the only thing you can do, Adora, I guess there's a fair chance no one will notice until it's too late! But it will, of course, contaminate a recycling load ...
Rhydd i bob meddwl ei farn, ac i bob barn ei llafar ...

Return to “Hazel Grove Forum”