Anyone lost a fluffy black & white cat?

Post comments on local Hazel Grove issues or reply to others.

Moderators: tarboat, knighs, nedsram

John Ellis

Anyone lost a fluffy black & white cat?

Postby John Ellis » Sat Oct 01, 2011 9:12 pm

If you have, or know anyone who has, best shout now because, in true cat style, it's adopted us and is making itself very much at home.

I should say it's fairly young - four or five, perhaps - and probably female, though I haven't given its bum end a really thorough check over; you do really have to know a cat quite well before you can subject it to the indignity of inverting it and scrutinizing its private parts, and we're not yet quite that established in our relationship!

It's long-haired, black with a white face and belly and white socks, but, unusually, with a black chest; very conversational, given to little squeaking mews, but its purr is very quiet.

We've seen it around on and off for three weeks to a month, and thought nothing of it as it didn't look battered or half-starved; but it conquered its shyness and came for a stroke about four days ago, and then crept in and positively wolfed down the contents of our cat's food bowl. Sure, any cat will take the chance of a bite of another cat's food, but a well-fed cat normally eats leisurely and this one went for the food like it hadn't seen a meal in days. And when I felt it, it was pretty thin and boney under its mane of fluffy fur. Having found a food source, it just camped out with us.

We're off Buxton Road within sight of Simpson's Corner. No idea how far it might have wandered, but if anyone living towards the south-east end of the Grove has lost a cat of that description, it may be worth checking to see if this one's yours.
Rhydd i bob meddwl ei farn, ac i bob barn ei llafar ...

John Ellis

Re: Anyone lost a fluffy black & white cat?

Postby John Ellis » Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:32 am

Owners traced and cat returned to its own hearth and home.

And they all lived happily ever after!
Rhydd i bob meddwl ei farn, ac i bob barn ei llafar ...

Return to “Hazel Grove Forum”