Reminder: Garage Development on London Road North

Post comments on local Poynton issues or reply to others.

Moderators: tarboat, knighs, nedsram

Aglmcfc

Reminder: Garage Development on London Road North

Postby Aglmcfc » Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:11 pm

Just a quick reminder for anyone who opposed this proposed development first time around that your views/objections will not count towards the second application. Any comments need to be submitted by 25th October 2017, if you have not done so already.

At the moment there are a lot less objections to this second proposal. Don’t believe that because you objected to the first application that the planning department will take this into consideration because they won’t. If you would like to resubmit your views and comments please use this link:
http://planning.cheshireeast.gov.uk/app ... r=17/4815M

If you need to find your original objections you can find them using the link below, then it’s only a matter of copying and pasting them into the second application:
http://planning.cheshireeast.gov.uk/app ... r=17/3429M

Please don’t let this get through with the reason “there weren’t many objections this time!”
Last edited by Aglmcfc on Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Desmo Man

Re: Reminder: Garage Development on London Road North

Postby Desmo Man » Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:53 pm

I'm for it, I hope that it goes ahead .

AndrewJ

Postby AndrewJ » Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:29 pm

This site has been a goods/trade yard for over 150 years actually. It is only relatively recently that it was derelict, and in fact I think most recently it was used as a compound during the Shared Space scheme without too much bother (?). The developer could legitimately argue that it is only continuing a similar use.

I agree that this particular development is horrible though, for just about any reason you care to name. It would be better to either return it to nature, or put in some kind of visitor/cafe facility for Poynton Park.

Desmo Man

Postby Desmo Man » Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:51 pm

NO !!!!!, not another flippin coffee and scone place. There are to many already,

Amadeus

Postby Amadeus » Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:04 pm

I think they should just block it off and return it to nature. It's almost there anyway. This kind of development, any kind of development really, is totally inappropriate for that location.

Desmo Man

Postby Desmo Man » Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:33 pm

The person(s) who bought that patch paid a awful lot of money for it, I presume that when you are about to spend a lot of money on what was Cheshire East land you would ask the planning department the question, "what can I build there ? "

Freewheeler

Postby Freewheeler » Sat Oct 14, 2017 4:55 pm

Desmo Man wrote:The person(s) who bought that patch paid a awful lot of money for it, I presume that when you are about to spend a lot of money on what was Cheshire East land you would ask the planning department the question, "what can I build there ? "

You would think so wouldn't you? I don't think I'd buy a plot of land to build on without being fairly sure what the local planning would let me do with it. Looking at the new owner's planning application document (http://doc.cheshireeast.gov.uk/Northgat ... 925851.pdf) online shows this:

Has assistance or prior advice been sought from the local authority about this application? - No

I'm left wondering what the council planning dept would have told (or did tell) prospective purchasers about future uses for the land before the sale, particularly as the council was the seller. There's definitely a conflict of interests within the council and it's a great shame that no restrictive covenants were placed on the land during the sale to safeguard it. Better yet, ownership could have been retained by the council and the land leased to a suitable tenant. That way there would at least have been some control over what was built there and the local people would have a say through our democratically-elected councillors.

There's a danger now that the new and any subsequent owners will make multiple applications and appeal them. The council may then face paying large sums in litigation to fight these applications and see their windfall of cash from the sale dwindle to nothing.

The café and toilets get my vote! If it's any consolation, DesmoMan, if there is ever an application for a Ducati dealership on a site backing onto the old airfield at Woodford with access to the runway to be used as a nice long test track I would support it all the way ;)

POYNTONIAN 1

Postby POYNTONIAN 1 » Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:26 pm

Toilets & cafe get your vote :clap
Buy it & build them :clap

Return to “Poynton Forum”