charity shops Poynton

Post comments on local Poynton issues or reply to others.

Moderators: tarboat, knighs

Potty

charity shops Poynton

Postby Potty » Thu Oct 24, 2019 8:14 pm

I understand that we are to get another chairty shop at the building which was the co-op. East cheshire Hospice. Whilst this is a very very worth while charity i do hope that they don't put items out on the frontage. park lane is starting to look like an untidy place to shop. with particularly Debra and Headway charity shops making untidy scruffy displays street side.
I realise that the frontage belongs to the shop but a thought to the image of their location and the image it gives woudl be much appreciated to those of us who live work and shop here - including their shops.

POYNTONIAN 1

Re: charity shops Poynton

Postby POYNTONIAN 1 » Fri Oct 25, 2019 5:32 pm

Are Costa, Acoustic, Snap Tin, Carpet Creations, Flute, Butchers, Kiosk, Pizza Express, Fire & Ice, Gregg's Drive Thro, Chio, Cask, Vine Hop, etc, etc ok or is this just another charity shop rant?? Potty!!!

ma-ogy

Postby ma-ogy » Sat Oct 26, 2019 11:32 am

Poynton has many many different shops from cafe's eating establishments and places to enjoy ourselves , the charity shops play quite a important part in bringing quite a lot of people into our town especially at the weekend, these people spend their money in the cafe's and shops while they are here this has got to be good for Poynton.

The goods outside of the charity shops don't cause a problem really as long as they don't block the pavements, as Potty said the frontage of all the shops along Park Lane belong to the owners of the shops .
The charity shops are not the only establishments to display there wares outside their premises , as long as they keep it tidy I don't see a problem :D

EGCD

Postby EGCD » Sun Oct 27, 2019 7:25 am

the charity shops play quite a important part in bringing quite a lot of people into our town

Lol

Potty

Postby Potty » Sun Oct 27, 2019 9:20 pm

Okay .... as i originally said i dont have an issue at all with aharity shops - they do indeed raise a lot of money for their particular charity.
I realise also as i said that the frontage of our shops belong to the indivudual shops ...
my concern was with the fact that i hope they will keep the fron tidy (as some don't) ...... and this makes Park Lane look unkempt.
the bars cand coffee shops etc seem to manage to keep the front of their establishments tidy.
So not its not a rant re charity shops - just a wish that they endeavour to display their good with some thought ...

ma-ogy

Postby ma-ogy » Mon Oct 28, 2019 6:55 am

Potty wrote: charity shops - just a wish that they endeavour to display their good with some thought ...

Well said :clap they can get a little untidy at times.

Desmo Man

Postby Desmo Man » Tue Oct 29, 2019 7:05 pm

I heard today, that the old Well pharmacist shop is to become a Cheshire Hospice charity shop, any one else hear that. ?

ma-ogy

Postby ma-ogy » Wed Oct 30, 2019 10:10 am

Desmo Man wrote:I heard today, that the old Well pharmacist shop is to become a Cheshire Hospice charity shop, any one else hear that. ?

Potty wrote:I understand that we are to get another chairty shop at the building which was the co-op. East cheshire Hospice. Whilst this is a very very worth while charity i do hope that they don't put items out on the frontage. park lane is starting to look like an untidy place to shop.

HI DM. Potty first post seems to confirm your suspicions , but you know as well as I do ,it's wise not to believe all you hear.
The Rumor Mill and all that ;)

POYNTONIAN 1

Postby POYNTONIAN 1 » Sat Nov 02, 2019 6:23 pm

Mayb take a look at Kim Wallington’s post on N & G(open forum all can view) of the remembrance display in Debra window! Then stop bleating

Return to “Poynton Forum”