The email address held in the database is the one that you used when you registered. If you change your email address, you will need to have it changed in the forum database so that you will be notified of PMs to the correct email address.
The procedure is as follows:
1. Go to your user control panel by clicking on the link at the top of the page.
2. Select Profile then Edit Account Settings.
3. Enter the new email address in the two fields provided. You must also enter your current password in the last field or the change will be rejected. (The error message "the password is incorrect" is unfortunate to say the least.)
4. Click on Submit.
5. If successful, your account will be deactivated, and an activation email will be sent to the new email address. This is for security reasons, and to check that the email address you entered is correct and yours.
6. Click on the link in the activation email to reactivate your account.
If you have any problems with this, send me a PM with the new email address and I will change it myself.
Post comments on local Poynton issues or reply to others.
1 post • Page 1 of 1
- Posts: 4869
- Joined: Fri Sep 04, 2009 6:35 pm
- Location: Poynton (board admin)
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 22 guests