New bus timetables from April 1st

Post comments on local Poynton issues or reply to others.

Moderators: tarboat, knighs, nedsram

Rostervor

Re: New bus timetables from April 1st

Postby Rostervor » Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:46 am

turdo170 wrote:.............. The buses look tiny though.

As I prevously posted, on my first trip it was standing room only. Yesterday however, there was a larger capacity bus with 22 seats and 37 standing instead of the normal 21 seater. That type of bus is normally used as a shuttle service.
As on some services last week, the ticket scanner was not working so how do they count numbers of passengers using the service?
And I do think after a week, the drivers would have learned the bus stops. With the exception of one journey when the driver had been shown where the stop was in the morning, everytime I have travelled and after pressing the bell before my stop and standing at the drivers shoulder they have sailed past the stop until I have pointed out that I wished to alight at a designated but unmarked stop which they had driven past. Yesterday I eventually managed to get the bus to stop and immediately I had alighted, he closed the door and started to drive off with my wife stood at the side of him.

AndyPotter

Postby AndyPotter » Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:26 pm

You would think that after a week they would know the route as well !!
On many occasions the bus has been going up Middlewood Road instead of Coppice Road.

bandib

Postby bandib » Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:45 pm

AndyPotter wrote:You would think that after a week they would know the route as well !!
On many occasions the bus has been going up Middlewood Road instead of Coppice Road.

That's because the route is now up Middlewood Road

turdo170

Postby turdo170 » Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:30 pm

Problem with the Selwyn ticket machines - currently charging full fare before half 9 for concessonary pass holders , Selwyn's are working to fix it .

Rostervor

Postby Rostervor » Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:22 am

As a regular traveller on the 391/2 service (formerly the P1 part), I have yet to hear a good word from any of the passengers about the current service. These include, the size of busses used, the punctuality, many of the drivers and the routing.
I had to stand on my first trip on one of these micro busses Selwyn’s use. From reports this is not an isolated instance. The other day I got the last seat, others who got on had to stand which was interesting when a wheelchair user got on and all standing in the wheelchair area had to move and even more interesting when a passenger with a shopping trolly got on. But when a passenger who was sat towards the rear had to fight her way off .............
Speaking of shopping trollies, a regular user, who is unsteady on her feet and has a disability bus pass, was refused access with her trolly the other day because it was full.
A woman got on the other day and stood because she could not negotiate the steps to the couple of seat available in the rear half of the bus. Others who got on at that stop ( which was in Bollington) commented on the fact that it was on time that day and not like previous occasions when they had missed it because it was 10 minutes early.
The seating is uncomfortable for the long hour plus journey into Macclesfield and the driving by many (not all) of the drivers leaves a lot to be desired around the narrow, twisty roads.
This service???? is provided on behalf of Cheshire East. May I suggest that representitives from Cheshire East actually travel on these busses to assess what us mere mortals have to put up with on their behalf.

nowthensithe

Postby nowthensithe » Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:38 am

Rostervor has assessed the situation very well.

Some late, some early, some not at all. Driving along country roads at a speed which is unacceptable. A lacking in customer service skills and a grunt here and there. Coppice Road has a 30mph limit. Not for some drivers. Not acknowledging passengers wishing to alight. Or indeed those wishing to get on and passing the stops.

Come on Selwyns. Get your supervisors on the route - if you can get a seat.

nevab

Postby nevab » Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:10 pm

You need to share your feedback with Selwyns. I sincerely doubt that they are checking the Poynton forum for your feedback.

nowthensithe

Postby nowthensithe » Fri Apr 20, 2018 5:27 pm

Already offered to the carrier - nothing.

Today 13h05 from Hockley 13h35. 30 minutes late. Fine one can appreciate traffic but why accept and implement a timetable that simply does not work.

Rostervor

Postby Rostervor » Fri Apr 20, 2018 5:59 pm

nevab wrote:You need to share your feedback with Selwyns. I sincerely doubt that they are checking the Poynton forum for your feedback.

Selwyns operate this service on behalf of Cheshire East.
Cheshire East pay for it.
Cheshire East should monitor it.
Cheshire East Councillors read this site.

Reg

Postby Reg » Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:44 pm

Could anyone please tell me the correct fare from the stop at Waitrose to the stop near the Boars Head ?

The Selwyn drivers don’t seem to know the price or route . I rang up and Selwyns couldn’t tell me and I can’t see the information on their website. I have asked other bus users and they all have passes so can’t help.

Thanks

Return to “Poynton Forum”